Saturday, October 1, 2011

A little off the subject....


My sister is moving to Florida in October & I made this for my mom for her birthday. I found this idea on Pinterest & really liked it. It was really inexpensive. Here's a little DIY for you:

I got a scrapbook frame at Hobby Lobby (40% off coupon, only $13)
scrapbook paper (12x12 & scraps: free, already had)
two road maps of the states that you need (on-line, travel kit, FREE)
poster board (for the backs of the hearts for sturdiness)


I found a templet of a heart on line the size I wanted. I traced it around the city we live in.
I glued the map heart to the poster board heart to help make it stand out. I also used those dots that are raised (Hobby Lobby, $3) to give it some depth.
We thought it was very unique. My mom loved it.

Thanks Pinterest!! I have SO many ideas I don't know where to start!!

No comments:

Post a Comment